Saturday, June 22, 2013

Day 13 Banana Bread & Chocolate Syrup

I am managing to get more food intake as the days go by! Which is good because I had almost all but given up. It took me about 15 minutes, but I ate a piece of banana bread. Yum! It took a long time because I still can't open my mouth more than half an inch, so it was just teensy piece after teensy piece.









I am a little bit ashamed to say it, but I've also used up an entire bottle of chocolate syrup in only 3 days. Some of it I used to make chocolate milk, but the rest was literally guzzled on it's own *blush*
I know I know, I'm an animal. But that's what happens when you don't eat properly! I'm just glad the bottle is empty now. I won't dare buy another!



I'm quite achy today in my jaw. As well as the incision sites are bothering me a little bit for the first time. I got brave and felt the inside a little more to see exactly where they cut me. It starts from as far back in my mouth as they could possibly go, and ends just under my eye teeth on both sides. I didn't realize it was that big of a cut. * shudder*
I am pretty much at the two week mark tomorrow. I weighed myself this morning, and I have lost about 7-8lbs. But that's not a big deal considering I gained a few before the surgery, so now I am where my weight is normally. I will be surprised if I lose much more because as of tomorrow I can start chewing very soft things, for example, mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs, soft rice dishes, and soft pasta dishes cut up to minimize chewing. It also depends probably on what I can fit in my mouth because I'm not supposed to force it open either. By the 4 week mark, I can up my diet to soft meats etc. and I should be able to fit two fingers in my mouth. Regular opening is anticipated at the 12 week mark, which isn't until September lol. I won't be able to bite or chew anything hard until that time as well. No apples or nuts or anything like that.
 

Today I found some video that I took back before I got my braces put on. I am trying to decide whether or not to upload it, or if I should just take some screenshots and post pictures.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment